It is our mission to:
- Invest in small-scale projects that contribute to the conservation of gorillas and their habitats in Central Africa.
- Improve the worldwide understanding of the gorillas and their threatened environment and the relevance of this habitat for the world we live in through information and education.
- Scale up fund-raising and education efforts by encouraging global cooperation between various gorilla organizations.
Our vision for the future is for gorilla’s to live freely in their natural habitat undisturbed by mankind.
From the statutes:
The Dutch Gorilla Foundation is committed to ensure the conservation and (where necessary) restoration of the gorilla population and their habitat in Central Africa.
This results in four organizational goals:
- Raise funds for projects in Africa supported by the Dutch Gorilla Foundation.
- Provide information and education about the gorillas and their endangered habitat and the relevance of this habitat for the world in which we live.
- Stimulate collaboration between the different gorilla conservation organisations and projects to maximize results.
- Develop the Dutch Gorilla Foundation organisation into a well-known, reliable, independent partner when it comes to the welfare of the gorillas in the wild.
The specifically planned activities for each of the four goals are outlined in our strategic plan 2016-2018 and in annual activity plans.
Endorsement from Jane Goodall for the Dutch Gorilla Foundation
World renowned primatologist Dr. Jane Goodall also supports the Dutch Gorilla Foundation. We are proud and grateful for Jane’s endorsement.